Autumn can be a lot of fun. One of my favorite things is raking up a huge pile of leaves and jumping into it. Yes, after a while it gets old, but it’s still a lot of fun. There are other things to do, too, especially with the leaves!
Some leaf projects are:
- Making leaf bowls! They are so cool. You just can’t be to hard on them or wash them. But they are cool decorations.
- Leaf rubbings! Cool and fun pieces, all you need is some materials you should have around the house (and outside). Really easy for little kids.
- Leaf prints! Fun to do, especially if you like to make art with paint.
Here are some leaf prints my mom and I made when I was littler:
I also enjoy looking the at the colors of the leaves when their still on the tree. Some family road-trip stuff is:
- Driving in an area that has lots of trees that change colors. Places that have Sugar Maples, Red Maples, Sweetgum and more are good choices.
- Go for a walk in the park. You never know how many colorful trees you’ll find there!
Do you know…
Q: What makes the leaves change colors, and are leaves that change colors lazy leaves? Look for the answer at this website: http://www.livescience.com/4213-fall-foliage-leaves-change-color.html